How does that saying go? If you can dream it, you can be it !
Well, maybe we should all take more stock in the belief of that expression because country music megamania Luke Bryan sure proved it valid. Luke realized such a dream on March 16th when he sold out the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ entertaining over 75,000 fans.
It was Luke’s second performance at the Rodeo, his first as a headliner, and the largest crowd of not only his career but also the Rodeo’s history, as the rodeo reported the Saturday night, Luke Bryan headlined performance was the second-largest crowd in its history.
“I may have said it last year,” Luke said from the rodeo stage, “but I grew up dreaming of playing the Houston Rodeo. To sell this place out on a Saturday night is a country boy’s dream!”
Well, it looks like this country boy is having a whole lot of dreams come true.
- Luke had just wrapped up his Spring Break Concert Series in Panama City before heading to play the Rodeo
- His “Spring Break-Here to Party” CD compilation released to complement the historical yearly rite of passage debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top 200 Album Chart,
- He’s charmingly graced the Cover of Billboard Magazine‘s April 6th issue,
- He’s an ACM Entertainer of the Year nominee looking for your VOTE to WIN and co-host and
- Luke will also debut his next single “Crash My Party” at the 2013 ACM’s.
I’d say yes, indeed, dreams can come true and Luke Bryan is on a roll. And if you were at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ on March 16th, we’d love for you to share some of the evening’s highlights with all the Luke Bryan fans here at Country Music Pride.
Here’s a good salute to Luke’s success . . .
Luke Bryan – I Don’t Want This Night to End