“The Pickup”, classic country music’s only syndicated video news program, continues to grow with the latest episode being added to The Heartland Network, as well as on the websites of such stations affiliated with the Nash Icon, HankFM and DukeFM brands.
- Dolly Parton’s exciting announcement that she would be hitting the road for an extensive tour in America for the first time in twenty-five years. The singer also talks about her upcoming double album set.
- Comedian Ray Stevens breaking ground on a new musical theatre just outside of Nashville that he plans to be very hands-on with concerning his involvement.
- Kenny Rogers’ legendary career is celebrated in an exclusive Music City event to raise funds for the T.J. Martell Foundation.
- Don Williams decides to call it a career, after a successful five-decade run – and well over fifty charted records.
- Actor Kiefer Sutherland announces plans for his first-ever album and tour this summer.
- Cyndi Lauper, Pop icon, is still having fun – as she premieres the cover for her next album, a collection of classic Country songs!
And, headlining The Pickup is a touching farewell to Joey Feek of the duo Joey+Rory, who lost her long battle with cancer on March 4. Clips from a tribute video made by several of Country’s biggest stars prior to her passing were shared, featuring Tanya Tucker, Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus, Marty Stuart, and Connie Smith.
Launched in early 2015, “The Pickup“, a syndicated country video news series produced by The Hot Seat, highlights today’s stars and classic country artists making news today. New episodes are posted on the 1st and 15th of each month. “The Pickup“ can be seen on the websites of broadcasters across the country (Nash Icon, HankFM, Midwest Communications, Zimmer Communications’ 94.3 KAT Country, etc.), online media blogs, the U.K.’s SKY Television, Heartland Network, and Sandy Zimmerman’s Las Vegas Television Network.
Check out the current episode of the Pickup, HERE.