Husband and wife duo Blue Honey, consisting of Troy Brooks and Kassie Jordan-Brooks, are excited to announce that their sophomore album, “Sweet Rebellion”, is now available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon and all other online retailers. The project consists of twelve songs that tell a story of love, loss and of course a little rebellion. The title track kicks the listening experience off with an uprising of dynamo vocals and sticky lyrics…
She’s been fighting on her own with a rebel soul, all she wants is to be free. Try to hold her, try to chase her, try to anything but change her…there she goes, sweet rebellion,” wails Kassie.
Troy’s flawless guitar riffs are spotlighted on the rocking, “Let The War Begin”, while Kassie and Troy get to show of both of their vocal stylings and unparalleled harmonies on the slowed down fan favorite, “Lullaby”. The album was co-produced by Kassie and Troy and reflects what fans would see at a live Blue Honey show, portraying the duo perfectly.
This is the first project we’ve done where we 100% poured our heart and soul into the songs and production, while not worrying if we would “fit in” anywhere,” says Kassie. “We look forward to seeing if people will connect with this album the way that we do.”
“Sweet Rebellion” Complete Track Listing:
1) Sweet Rebellion – Troy Brooks, Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Rob Klerkx
2) August Without Us – Troy Brooks, Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Matt Willis
3) I Lie – Troy Brooks, Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Kelsey Nord
4) Easier Not To – Kaci Bolls, Marcia Ramirez
5) I’m Out of It – Rob Klerkx, Keith Dozier
6) Natalie – Troy Brooks, Kassie Jordan (Brooks)
7) Let the War Begin – Troy Brooks, Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Rob Klerkx
8) In Flight – Troy Brooks, Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Billy Justineau
9) Can You See Me – Troy Brooks, Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Rob Klerkx
10) Angels Come Home – Troy Brooks, Britton Cameron, Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Nathan Meckel
11) Those are the Days –Troy Brooks,Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Rob Klerkx
12) Timing – Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Mike Fiorentino
13) Lullaby – Troy Brooks, Kassie Jordan (Brooks), Matt Willis
The connection between the two is undeniable and can only be found between two people in love. Their harmonies intertwine flawlessly while showcasing Kassie’s powerhouse vocals and Troy’s blues inspired guitar riffs. They have brought that rare connection back into the studio to record their sophomore full-length project, “Sweet Rebellion”.
The video for their previous single, “Angels Come Home,” debuted on world-renowned outlet The Boot. The release of the new album falls on the heels of a milestone 2018 where they were named one of the “10 Country Artists To Watch in 2018” by The Nashville Knack, were included on The Country Source’s “One To Watch 2018” list and Buzzfeed’s “2018’s Country Music Obsessions” list. Their song “Wherever You Are Tonight” was also recently featured on Spectra Music’s “Americana Made: Volume 1” compilation album.
Blue Honey wants to connect with their fans on a personal level through their albums and live shows. Kassie puts it quite simply…
It doesn’t matter what happens to this music as long as people can feel some of the songs and relate to them. We want to make music that people will want to listen to when they’re in the car on long trips or have playing at house parties. Maybe they’ll want to share it with their friends because it’s different. Because of who we are and what we mean to each other, this music is intrinsically part of our lives. We just hope that we do a good job relating that and other people will want to have it be part of their life as well.”
For more information, visit their website www.bluehoneymusic.com