Our Friday just got a little better…Kelsea Ballerini’s highly anticipated sophomore album Unapologetically is finally out! The album shot to No. 1 on the iTunes Country Album Chart and No. 3 (only behind Sam Smith and Maroon 5) on the iTunes All-Genre Album Chart just minutes after midnight.
The album, released today, Friday, November 3rd, is personal and reflective as Ballerini uses her music to dive into heartbreak, growth and love that she’s experienced in the past few years. She also co-wrote on 11 of the album’s 12 tracks, and she wrote the other one on her own.
“Legends,” the lead single from Unapologetically, has continued to turn heads while currently racing up the charts. The track immediately charged its way into the Top 15 on the iTunes All-Genre Songs chart within 12 hours of its release. Additionally, her empowering anthem “Miss Me More” stormed its way to No. 1 on the iTunes Country Songs chart upon its release two weeks ago. Ballerini shared one of her favorite fan-made videos showing off their fierce sides lip-syncing the song on her Instagram.
“Unapologetically” stays true to her country-pop infused sound but goes a little deeper in some of the album’s tracks. It showcases more of Ballerini’s personality including her sassy and thoughtful sides.
Ballerini is also returning to her roots, with a very special show this past weekend in her hometown of Knoxville, Tenn. The singer/songwriter performed a full set at her high school, Central High, this past weekend. The show was highly centered around the encore song, “High School,” which is featured on Unapologetically. The reflective ballad was penned solely by Ballerini, inspired by her experiences at Central High. The emotional night concluded with the “Peter Pan” singer donating $20,000 to the school for future music programs. In an Instagram post, she called this, “the most fulfilling thing I’ve ever been able to do.”
Kelsea Ballerini, “Unapologetically” Track Listing:
1. “Graveyard” (Kelsea Ballerini, Forest Glen Whitehead, Shane McAnally)
2. “Miss Me More” (Kelsea Ballerini, David Hodges, Brett McLaughlin)
3. “Get Over Yourself” (Kelsea Ballerini, Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally)
4. “Roses” (Kelsea Ballerini, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley)
5. “Machine Heart” (Kelsea Ballerini, Greg Wells, James Abrahart)
6. “In Between” (Kelsea Ballerini, Jimmy Robbins, Shane McAnally)
7. “High School” (Kelsea Ballerini)
8. “End of the World” (Kelsea Ballerini, Hillary Lindsey, Lindsay Rimes)
9. “I Hate Love Songs” (Kelsea Ballerini, Trevor Rosen, Shane McAnally)
10. “Unapologetically” (Kelsea Ballerini, Forest Glen Whitehead, Hillary Lindsey)
11. “Music” (Kelsea Ballerini, Jimmy Robbins, Nicolle Galyon, Jennifer Denmark)
12. “Legends” (Kelsea Ballerini, Forest Glen Whitehead, Hillary Lindsey)
The album buzz has reached new heights, with recent features in Forbes, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times, Paste Magazine and many more. Ballerini has also kicked her promotional efforts into high gear, making recent appearances on The Ellen Degeneres Show and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon while also gracing the cover of Parade Magazine in October. The country starlet will appear on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight at 11:35pm ET (check local listings) and on the November 8th edition of Good Morning America. CBS also recently announced that Ballerini will be the headliner for The Thanksgiving Day Parade, airing November 23rd.
The talented songstress kicked off her album release week by announcing “The Unapologetically Tour,” which will begin next year. The must-see spectacle kicks off February 8th in Birmingham, Alabama where fans will be treated to a unique set list packed with some of the country singer’s biggest hits like the upbeat “Love Me Like You Mean It” and the heartbreaking “Peter Pan” along with new songs from Unapologetically.