Much like music, “love has a way of outliving everything,” and multi-platinum selling BBR Music Group/ Red Bow Records artist Joe Nichols has a lifelong way of delivering that traditional country sound, as displayed on his new album “Never Gets Old”, out NOW.
By mixing contemporary themes with traditional sounds, Joe Nichols stays true to his roots…throughout Never Gets Old, Nichols proves why he has stayed a prominent name in country music for so long. His desire to stay relevant while staying true to his traditional country identity makes for a perfect contemporary blend of country sounds,” states Sounds Like Nashville.
Written by Steve Moakler and Connie Harrington, the lead single and title track “Never Gets Old,” for which the album takes its name, offers a sweet, nostalgic melody delivered by Nichols’ traditional baritone.
Joe Nichols “Never Gets Old” Complete Track Listing:
1. “Diamonds Make Babies” (Chris Stapleton, Jim Beavers, Lee Miller)
2. “Girl In The Song” (Lynn Hutton, Neal Coty)
3. “We All Carry Something” (Westin Davis, Justin Weaver)
4. “I’d Sing About You” (Chris Janson, Preston Brust, Chris Lucas)
5. “Breathless” (Zach Crowell, Matt Jenkins, Jon Nite)
6. “Tall Boys” (Monty Criswell, Shane Minor, Tom Shapiro)
7. “Hostage” (Brett Tyler, Aaron Eshuis, Ryan Lafferty)
8. “Never Gets Old” (Steve Moakler, Connie Harrington)
9. “Billy Graham’s Bible” (Chris Dubois, Jimmy Melton, Neal Coty)
10. “So You’re Saying” (Ross Copperman, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear)
11. “This Side of the River” (Clint Daniels, Justin Lantz, Jeremy Crady)
12. “Baby Got Back” feat. Darren Knight aka “Southern Momma” (Anthony Ray)
Download and stream the album HERE.
Drawing from Country tradition in its truest form, the album reflects a timeless sound and features songwriter heavyweights Chris Stapleton, Zach Crowell, and Shane Minor. Standout tracks include the soaring tribute to the human experience of “We All Carry Something” to the traditional steel-laden sing along “I’d Sing About You” while “Diamonds Make Babies” adds a dose of light-hearted mischief.
Fans of Nichols’ live show will recognize his throwback country interpretation of Sir Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back,” featuring comedian Darren Knight. Nichols has been performing this classic-twist in concert thanks to fan demand, and this is its first time on a recorded project. Watch Joe give a tongue-in-cheek reading of the song’s iconic chorus HERE.
This summer, Nichols brings the nationwide “Never Gets Old Tour” to festivals and legendary clubs such as Cotton Eyed Joe in Knoxville, Tennessee on August 5th and Billy Bob’s Texas in Fort Worth, Texas on August 26th.
The lyric video for the title track exclusively premiered via One Country, sharing the catchy tune with their more than 6.45 million Facebook fans…check it out here!