Hitmaking singer-songwriter Jerrod Niemann returns with a daring set of free-thinking Country tunes this fall, as “This Ride” hits the street October 6th.
Announced exclusively on Entertainment Tonight’s Certified Country, “This Ride”…his fourth major album and his first for Curb Records…marks the beginning of a new chapter for the Platinum-certified #1 singer (“Lover, Lover,” “Drink to That All Night”). Niemann, regarded as one of Country music’s most progressive artists, has nearly a decade of outside-the-box success as a songwriter, singer, and performer under his belt.
My new record, “This Ride”, represents a journey of life and music, and where it’s led me today as a man and an artist,” shared Niemann. “These songs either dig up some old yesterdays or make me look forward to tomorrow. That’s why I’ve never been more excited to share “This Ride”.
Co-produced by Niemann himself with studio ace Jimmie Lee Sloas…who also co-produced 2014’s “High Noon“…”This Ride” features 13 inspired songs that reveal where Country music is headed through the organic approach of its past, ranging in style from soulful anthem to red-hot party banger, and from lighthearted jam to deeply meaningful ballad.
Complete Track Listing For Jerrod Niemann’s “This Ride“:
1. “Zero to Crazy” (Ashley Gorley, Chris DeStefano, Shane McAnally)
2. “But I Do” (Josh Osborne, Jimmy Robbins, Jon Nite)
3. “Leavin’ a Trail” (Corey Crowder, Luke Dick, Cole Taylor)
4. “I Got This” (Rodney Clawson, Josh Osborne, Luke Dick)
5. “Out Of My Heart” (Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson, Chris DeStefano)
6. “A Little More Love” with Lee Brice (Ross Copperman, Natalie Hemby, Shane McAnally, Kristi Neumann)
7. “God Made A Woman” (Michael Ray, Joel Shewmake, Jeff Hyde)
8. “Whiskey Waitin’ On Ice” (Jerrod Niemann, Lance Miller, Rob Hatch, Brandon Hood)
9. “Feelin’” (Jeremy Stover, Chris Janson, Luke Dick)
10. “I Ain’t All There” featuring Diamond Rio (Jerrod Niemann, Lance Miller, Richie Brown)
11. “Come Back” (Jimmy Yeary, Matt Dragstrem, Craig Wiseman)
12. “The Regulars” (CJ Solar, Tina Parol, Jessie Jo Dillon)
13. “This Ride” (JT Harding, AJ Babcock, Pete Good)
Sourced from a stable of all-star tunesmiths including Shane McAnally, Ashley Gorley, Ross Copperman, Rodney Clawson, Craig Wiseman, Dallas Davidson, Natalie Hemby, Josh Osborne, Chris DeStefano and more, each track bucks the conventional country wisdom…just as Niemann has done throughout his career.
Meanwhile, the same resonating vocals that made the sultry “What Do You Want” into a GOLD-certified Top 5 hit are back, and ‘90s country icons Diamond Rio guest in a harmonious standout.
Fans and critics alike have already praised “This Ride’s” first two singles…the feel-good “A Little More Love” duet with longtime friend and labelmate Lee Brice, and the classy romance of “God Made A Woman”…with Rolling Stone Country gushing that the latter “seems to reflect an evolution for both the country singer and the genre itself.”
Niemann’s long string of success dates back to 2010 with the #1 debut of “Judge Jerrod & The Hung Jury”…which The New York Times named one of the 10 best albums of the year. Each of his next two albums landed inside the Top 10 on Billboard’s Country Albums chart, but along with big wins as an artist, the Kansas native has also made his mark as a hit songwriter for others.
Niemann is also dedicated to giving back, founding the Free the Music USA charity to provide children in need with musical instruments and joining the 8th Annual ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp in 2017.
A gifted and engaging entertainer, he has toured with superstars like Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, and Brad Paisley throughout his career, and continues on the road this year with coast-to-coast dates scheduled from Florida to California through November.