Jerrod Niemann geared up for the release of his pioneering new album, “This Ride”, with an exclusive “First Listen” on Billboard.
They said it the way I wish I could’ve,” Niemann reveals exclusively to Billboard regarding the co-writers on the album. “It’s sort of a bizarre oxymoron, so to speak. I’ve always wanted to take people on vacation for 30 or 40 minutes with an album — and if they’re going through something rough in their life, you know, hopefully this will give them a break.”
Available everywhere now (out 10/6), Niemann’s fourth studio album…and debut for Curb Records…features single “God Made a Woman” plus standout tracks with guest stars Diamond Rio (“I Ain’t All There”) and Lee Brice (“A Little More Love”).
Produced by Niemann alongside Jimmie Lee Sloas, “This Ride” brings together all-star tunesmiths including Shane McAnally, Ashley Gorley, Ross Copperman, Rodney Clawson, Craig Wiseman, Dallas Davidson, Natalie Hemby, Josh Osborne, Chris DeStefano and more on the 13-track project. Leading up to the release, fans got an inside glimpse at the new music with videos for the sexy “But I Do,” grooving feel-good anthem “I Got This” and the heart-wrenching “Comeback.”
Niemann celebrated “This Ride” at the Grand Ole Opry’s 92nd birthday with a performance at its annual Opry Birthday Bash this past Saturday (10/7). He’ll also sign copies of his new CD in the Opry shop prior to the show.
Meanwhile, the singer-songwriter recently visited the Nashville NARAS office to present a $10,000 donation, via his charity Free The Music, to MusiCares hurricane relief fund. Contributions help provide members of the music community with basic living expenses (including shelter, food and medical expenses), clothing, instrument and recording equipment replacement and more. In 2014, Niemann established the non-profit Free The Music USA to enhance lives through the beauty of giving music and musical instruments.
Complete track listing for Jerrod Niemann’s “This Ride”:
1. “Zero to Crazy” (Ashley Gorley, Chris DeStefano, Shane McAnally)
2. “But I Do” (Josh Osborne, Jimmy Robbins, Jon Nite)
3. “Leavin’ a Trail” (Corey Crowder, Luke Dick, Cole Taylor)
4. “I Got This” (Rodney Clawson, Josh Osborne, Luke Dick)
5. “Out of My Heart” (Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson, Chris DeStefano)
6. “A Little More Love” (with Lee Brice) (Ross Copperman, Natalie Hemby, Shane McAnally, Kristi Neumann)
7. “God Made a Woman” (Michael Ray, Joel Shewmake, Jeff Hyde)
8. “Whiskey Waiting’ on Ice” (Jerrod Niemann, Lance Miller, Rob Hatch, Brandon Hood)
9. “Feelin’” (Jeremy Stover, Chris Janson, Luke Dick)
10. “I Ain’t All There” (featuring Diamond Rio) (Jerrod Niemann, Lance Miller, Richie Brown)
11. “Come Back” (Jimmy Yeary, Matt Dragstrem, Craig Wiseman)
12. “The Regulars” (C.J. Solar, Tina Parol, Jessie Jo Dillon)
13. “This Ride” (JT Harding, AJ Babcock, Pete Good)