Country music chart-topper Granger Smith has announced his new album “When The Good Guys Win”, out everywhere on Friday, October 27th.
“When The Good Guys Win” is his sophomore national release on BBR Music Group’s Wheelhouse Records and follows last year’s acclaimed, “Remington”, which included the No. 1 “Backroad Song” and No. 5 “If The Boot Fits.” “Backroad Song” was one of the Top 10 Most Played country singles of 2016 according to Mediabase and has been certified RIAA GOLD.
“When The Good Guys Win” features the lead single, “Happens Like That,” which is currently 35 at Billboard Country Airplay and 37 at Mediabase.
“When The Good Guys Win” was written and edited on the road…
With most of 2016 and 2017 spent on tour, there wasn’t much time for working on an album,” says Smith. “In fact, we only spent three days in a real studio for an entire year’s worth of work. Instead, I set up a mobile studio in the back of my bus for all the writing, editing and even recording. I sang all of the lead vocals at home in Texas, and did a lot of file sharing back and forth with my co-producers. With the album evolving this way on the road, country fairs, parking lots, green rooms and hotel lobbies, it truly reflects the source of the inspiration: the fans. Without knowing it, my fans were involved in every step of this project and I believe they will hear that through the music. Looking back, I don’t think there could have been a better way to do it.”
The 14-track album is produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells and Granger Smith. Pre-order starts October 6th.
“When The Good Guys Win” Track Listing:
- Gimme Something -Jared Mullins, Jordan Schmidt, Justin Wilson
- You’re In It-Frank Rogers, Justin Adams, Mark Nesler
- Raise Up Your Glass-Frank Rogers, Matt Alderman, Ty Graham
- Happens Like That-Granger Smith, Justin Wilson, Jordan Schmidt, Andy Albert, Tyler Hubbard
- Still Holds Up-Granger Smith, Justin Wilson, Jordan Schmidt, Andy Albert
- When The Good Guys Win-Deric Ruttan, Jonathan Singleton, Ben Hayslip
- Everybody Lives-Tommy Cecil, Seth Ennis, Jay Brunswick, Jaida Dreyer
- Stutter-Granger Smith, Justin Wilson, Jordan Schmidt, Andy Albert
- Never Too Old-Granger Smith, Justin Wilson, Jordan Schmidt, Andy Albert
- Love Ain’t Blind-Granger Smith, Justin Wilson, Jamie Paulin
- 4 Wheel Drive-Granger Smith, Frank Rogers, Mike Fiorentino
- Reppin’ My Roots-Granger Smith, Jordan Schmidt, Josh Mirenda, Jaron Boyer
- Don’t Tread On Me (ft. Earl Dibbles Jr)-Earl Dibbles Jr, Austin Outlaw, Chris Gainz
- Home Cooked Meal-Granger Smith, Frank Rogers
Each of these 14 tracks fills an important space and it is my hope that they take you on a ride through peaks and valleys, from light-hearted to painfully honest and then back out again,” adds Smith. From the catchy and smooth “Gimme Something,” to the emotive and thoughtful “Everybody Lives,” to the relatable title track, Smith says he “wanted this album to be made of many moments. Moments that make you feel something down deep in your gut; moments that sound so familiar, yet bring a flavor you haven’t heard from me before. This album is very special to me and I can’t wait for the world to hear it!”
Granger will join Luke Bryan on the “Huntin,’ Fishin,’ Lovin’ Everyday” tour starting today (9/14) before launching his own headlining “Don’t Tread On Me” tour on November 3rd with supporting acts, Dylan Schneider and Morgan Wallen.