Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® Releases Exclusive Steven Curtis Chapman “Deep Roots” CD on March 11, 2013
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® announces the exclusive release of “Deep Roots”, the newest compilation from Five-time GRAMMY® Award-winner, Steven Curtis Chapman, available exclusively at Cracker Barrel® locations and digitally at CrackerBarrel.com, iTunes and Amazon on March 11, 2013.
“Chapman’s stand-out talent and devotion to making a positive impact make him a natural partner with Cracker Barrel, and the distinctive sound of his music makes for a wonderful collection of songs — both known and new — we think audiences will enjoy.” says Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Marketing Manager Julie Craig.
Steven Curtis Chapman has learned a lot about time and its ability to heal, restore and shift perspective. And on “Deep Roots” Chapman brings his inspirational sound home to his rural Kentucky origins. The new 12-track CD features collaborations with bluegrass legend Ricky Skaggs as well as three generations of Chapman family members: Herb Chapman Sr. (father), Herb Chapman Jr. (brother), Caleb Chapman (son), and Jillian Edwards Chapman (daugher-in-law).
“I found that all of the songs that I’ve written over the years continue to grow in meaning because they are so rooted in life experience,” Steven shares. “They are all songs about my journey in faith. When Maria (youngest adopted daughter killed in a tragic accident in 2008) went to heaven, many of my songs took on a much, much deeper meaning at that point. I found myself singing these songs with a new passion and even a distinct purpose.”
It’s no secret Chapman is deeply devoted to his music and philanthropy. The highly awarded, Five-time GRAMMY® winner is credited with over 25 years of successful and critically acclaimed touring with the industry’s biggest names; founded the Show HOPE Foundation, a voice for orphan advocacy assisting thus far over 3600 families with financial grants for adoption; and accumulated quite a track record of accolades:
- Sold more than ten million recordings, including his platinum albums “Speechless” and “Heaven in The Real World”
- Honored with 57 Dove Awards, Christian Music’s highest honor, more than any other artist
- Honored with 5 GRAMMY Awards, 4 of them consecutively, 16 GRAMMY Nominations and an American Music Award
- Achieved more #1s at Christian radio than any other artist, 47 #1 radio singles and counting – his most recent in December 2012
- Recorded a #1 single in the 80′s, 90′s, 00′s and 10′s
- Soundtrack cuts on films “We Were Soldiers” (Mel Gibson), “The Apostle” (Robert Duvall) and “The Prince of Egypt.”
- Has appeared and performed on ABC’s Good Morning America, Larry King Live, Fox & Friends, NBC’s Today Show and The Tonight Show, CBS This Morning, CBS Sunday Morning, CBS A Home for the Holidays, the White House for the President of the United States, MSNBC, CNN, People Magazine and hundreds of other magazines, Extra, Huckabee, E! Entertainment Network, The Hallmark Channel, American Music Awards, CNN Showbiz, CNN Headline News and more.
- In 2005 his song “Remembering You” was the first radio single from “Songs Inspired By The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Soundtrack.”
- In November 2003 Chapman’s second Christmas project, “Christmas Is All In The Heart”, was released exclusively through Hallmark stores and promptly sold out of its 400,000 copies in just 10 weeks.
- And Steven Curtis Chapman has written or co-written every original song of his seventeen projects
Chapman has opened up about the stories that inspired him to write the songs that have impacted lives around the world. And while exploring his Kentucky roots with his latest 12-track Cracker Barrel exclusive release, Chapman shares:
“Deep Roots” - I’m grateful to say I have them . Deep roots of faith are reflected in the lyrics and the timelessness of theses songs. And deep because of the depth of gratitude I have for the Gospel that gives Hope and light across generations and through all our days, from the sweetest to the most tragic. I’m also thankful to say I have deep roots of family. I’m so honored to have three generations of Chapmans as part of this recording. I hope you’ll enjoy listening to the project a fraction as much as I did recording it.
As you listen, I pray you’ll be blessed and encouraged by the deep love God has for each of us.”
“Deep Roots”, Steven Curtis Chapman’s uniquely personal album, will be available exclusively at all Cracker Barrel® locations nationwide and digitally at CrackerBarrel.com, iTunes and Amazon on March 11, 2013.
Steven Curtis Chapman Facebook
Steven Curtis Chapman Twitter
Show HOPE Foundation
About Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. provides a friendly home-away-from-home in its old country stores and restaurants. Guests are cared for like family while relaxing and enjoying real home-style food and shopping that’s surprisingly unique, genuinely fun and reminiscent of America’s country heritage…all at a fair price. The restaurant serves up delicious, home-style country food such as meatloaf and homemade chicken n’ dumplins as well as its made-from-scratch biscuits using an old family recipe. The authentic old country retail store is fun to shop and offers unique gifts and self-indulgences.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. (Nasdaq: CBRL) was established in 1969 in Lebanon, Tenn. and operates 621 company-owned locations in 42 states. Every Cracker Barrel® unit is open seven days a week with hours Sunday through Thursday, 6 a.m. – 10 p.m., and Friday and Saturday, 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.