Cumulus Media recently announced the launch of their consumer survey series, NASH Country Pulse Poll. NASH, #1 for Country, is announcing the findings of its first NASH Country Pulse Poll…revealing America’s predictions for the Academy of Country Music Awards, Country Music’s Party of the Year.
Which artists rule the hearts and minds of real Country fans??? The results may surprise you…
Luke Bryan and Keith Urban are in a dead heat for “Entertainer of the Year.”
- Both superstars tied at 26% of predictions for ACM “Entertainer of the Year.” Listeners were split by demographic – Luke was favored by the younger crowd under 45 (28% vs. 15% for Keith Urban), with those over 45 favoring Keith by a 33% to 24% margin.
- Luke was also slightly more favored among Men, while Keith had a slight edge with Women.
Country listeners keep it “Humble and Kind.”
- Tim McGraw’s 27th #1 Country hit was voted most likely to win “Song of the Year,” with 29% of the votes. Runners up were two of 2016’s biggest ballads – “Blue Ain’t Your Color” by Keith Urban, and “Die a Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett.
Carrie Underwood predicted to rock the red carpet.
- No “Dirty Laundry” for Carrie at the ACMs – 57% of listeners predict that she will make a grand entrance at the awards show.
Blake Shelton should keep the ACM producers on their toes.
- More than half of all listeners (54%) chose Blake Shelton as the artist most likely to be bleeped at the ACMs.
- Predicted Blake bloopers continue – 36% of listeners also believing he is the most likely to announce the wrong winner during the show.
Country music comes from the heart.
- Powerful, personal stories are at the heart of every great Country love song. The top two favorite love songs among listeners in our poll were “Remember When” by Alan Jackson, followed closely by Randy Travis’ classic “Forever And Ever, Amen.”
Best songs for love gone wrong.
- Country songs capture the deep and profound feelings of romantic endings. Listeners’ favorite Country breakup songs were “He Stopped Loving Her Today” by George Jones and “The Dance” by Garth Brooks.
Tim and Faith are #RelationshipGoals.
- Just after celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were voted by Country listeners as the cutest Country couple ever (48% of all Country music listeners).
- Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood came in second with 22% of Country music listener
The full reveal of The NASH Country Pulse Poll series can be found online at NASH Country Daily, a leading Cumulus Media property, covering the music and lifestyles of country’s biggest stars.
I agree with our NASH listeners; Blake will probably be bleeped and Carrie Underwood will be stunning on the red carpet,” said John Shomby, NASH Director of Programming, adding, “All of these artists are friends of NASH and we look forward to sharing these findings with them at Westwood One Backstage, our broadcast event live on Friday and Saturday from the ACMs.”
Cumulus Media’s Westwood One is the official national radio partner for the ACM Awards. NASH will join other media outlets at Westwood One Backstage at the ACMs at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Westwood One Backstage features exclusive, multi-platform content, a star-studded radio row, live performances, social media experiences, and A-list interviews with Country’s biggest stars and hottest new talent.
In addition, Westwood One will present five hours of event coverage from the red carpet on Sunday, April 2nd, with NASH Nights Live hosts Shawn Parr and Elaina Smith.
Be sure to tune in to the ACM Awards to see if these country fan’s predictions are right on CBS Television Network (live 8:00-11:00pm, ET|delayed PT).