Jason Priestley To Host Event
(Nashville, TN) July 29, 2009 – The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) announced at a media conference today the nominees and host for the 2009 CCMA Awards, to be held Sept. 13, in Vancouver, BC.
Johnny Reid leads the nominations with a total of six, including Single of the Year, Album of the Year for Dance With Me, Songwriter of the Year, CMT Video of the Year for “A Woman Like You,” Male Artist of the Year and the CCMA Fans’ Choice Award. Reid will perform at this year’s CCMA Awards.
George Canyon is also nominated in the Single of the Year, Album of the Year, CMT Video of the Year, Male Artist of the Year and Fans’ Choice categories for a total of five major CCMA Awards nominations.
Songwriter and artist, Victoria Banks, also earned five nominations. Her debut album, When You Can Fly, earned her nominations for Album of the Year, Single of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Female Artist of the Year and the Rising Star Award.
Other Final Ballot nominees include the 2008 Top New Male Talent of the Year, Gord Bamford (four nominations), and newcomer Dean Brody, who earned nominations for Rising Star, Single of the Year, CMT Video of the Year and Songwriter of the Year.
Jason Priestley will host the 2009 CCCMA Awards. Now in his third decade as a professional performer, Priestley has spent much of the last year directing episodes of the hit ABC family show, “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” and a new online series for the CW called The Lake.
A complete listing of CCMA Award nominees is available online at www.ccma.org.
The 2009 CCMA Awards will take place in Vancouver, BC, on Sunday, September 13 at GM Place and will broadcast nationally on CBC Television with encore airings on CMT Canada. For more information, please visit www.ccma.org.
Tickets for the CCMA Awards are available at all Ticketmaster locations, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, and by phone at 604.280.4444. Ticket prices range from $20 to $125 (plus applicable taxes and service charges).
FANS’ CHOICE AWARD
George Canyon – Doc Walker – Jessie Farrell – Aaron Pritchett – Johnny Reid
SINGLE OF THE YEAR
- A Woman Like You — Johnny Reid
- Brothers — Dean Brody
- Just Like You — George Canyon
- Little Guy — Gord Bamford
- The Wheel — Victoria Banks
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- Dance With Me — Johnny Reid
- Dawn Of A New Day — Crystal Shawanda
- Thankful — Aaron Pritchett
- What I Do — George Canyon
- When You Can Fly — Victoria Banks
SONGWRITER(S) OF THE YEAR
- A Woman Like You (written by Johnny Reid / Brent Maher; recorded by Johnny Reid)
- Brothers (written by Dean Brody; recorded by Dean Brody
- Little Guy (written by Gord Bamford; recorded by Gord Bamford)
- One Last Sundown (written by Jon Mabe /Chris Thorsteinson / Dave Wasyliw; recorded by Doc Walker)
- The Wheel (written by Victoria Banks / Tia Sillers; recorded by Victoria Banks)
CMT VIDEO OF THE YEAR
- A Woman Like You – Johnny Reid
- Brothers – Dean Brody
- Go To Bed Angry – Tara Oram
- Just Like You – George Canyon
- Little Guy – Gord Bamford
FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Victoria Banks – Terri Clark – Jessie Farrell – Tara Oram – Crystal Shawanda
MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Gord Bamford – Jason Blaine – Paul Brandt – George Canyon – Johnny Reid
GROUP OR DUO OF THE YEAR
Doc Walker – Emerson Drive – Hey Romeo – The Higgins – Jo Hikk
ROOTS ARTIST OR GROUP OF THE YEAR
Ridley Bent – Shane Chisholm – The Higgins – Corb Lund – Mike Plume Band
Victoria Banks – Dean Brody – Jo Hikk – Damian Marshall – Tara Oram